Tuesday, March 8, 2016

SAUDIA OPEN DAY (Saudi Arabian Airlines)

Image result for saudia logo

As an observation, IPAMS hold Saudia (Saudi Arabian Airlines) open days quarterly. This 2016, it already had two open days during February and June. Here's a quick recap of what I went through during the open day. Take note, this is my first try ever so I think I don't wanna be too harsh on myself.

1. Arm reach - 212cm on tiptoe. Tip: Stretch with all your might! Height isn't a factor. I'm not even exactly 5'3" but I could still reach it. Make sure to practice, practice, and pratice more at home. Do a lot of stretching or yoga poses. C'mon you can google it. That's how you landed on my page right? HAHA. 

2. Weight - I was overweight by only 0.5 kg so I was adviced to lose the excess "fat" lol. Check the BMI chart for your reference. Tip: A friend of mine tried military diet and lost a kilogram within just a week. For underweight, well, eat a lot, drink soya or appeton weight gain formula that's what they suggested.

3. Height - 5'3" is also a standard used for SV.

----- There were candidates sent home after this part because they were either overweight, too short, or wasn't able to reach 212cm on tiptoe with at least one hand.

4. Group dynamics - Introduce yourself and pick a question. You have to market yourself and prove to the recruiter that you are worth giving a slot for the final interview. Smile and be confident. Remember that FA posture. For this part, the recruiter will do a skin and teeth check. Don't forget your grooming. You shouldn't have baby hair popping up those hairsprayed bun of yours. Make sure your blemishes are treated, teeth are clean and white, and scars are concealed. You may wear skintone stockings too. 

5. Done. Just wait in agony for a few more days. Haha.


So there. I knew I wasn't gonna make it because of my big, dark, ugly keloid on my left knee which was impossible to cover up. 

You'll get a text and email once you're qualified for the final interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment